Never get lost again! The track and travel app is one the best travel apps that primarily help you save preferred routes and find your way back from any location to any place on a particular route. You can track your path as you travel and see it on the map. Drop markers at important locations on the way for future reference. SAVE your entire tracked route under a suitable title. Load any of your tracked routes on the map at any time, and simply TAP on any point on the saved route to FIND YOUR WAY BACK to that point from your current location!
So let’s assume I am new to Manhattan, and I am staying for a few days at the The Excelsior Hotel, 45 W 81st St, New York, NY 10024, USA. The places I plan to visit many times during my visit are:
1. Work place: NYU School of Law, 40 Washington Square S, New York University, New York, NY 10012, USA
2. Place of Interest: Madison Ave, New York, NY
So for next few days while I am in NY, I will need to traverse my path to NYU and to Madison Ave multiple times. By using a track my route app like Track n Travel, I won’t have to re-navigate anymore. Also if I am roaming around NYU or around Madison Ave, I will have a quick way to finding my way back to the tracked route. Here’s how:
1. I launch Track n Travel from The Excelsior Hotel, and use its Directions icon to enter my destination (say NYU School of Law). The shortest route will show. I can either follow this route or take any diversions I may like or may be aware of.
2. START TRACKING button will start tracking my actual route in real time.
3. On the way I see “Lincoln Center”, and I decide to drop a pin to mark this place.
4. I can mark multiple points of interest en-route.
5. Finally, I reach my destination and hit STOP TRACKING. This will save my track from start to end, with all the pins I dropped on the way. Let’s say I name my track as “NYU Track”.
6. I carry on to my business at the destination, and may drift into adjacent buildings, or anywhere around.
7. When it’s time to return, I want to find my way back from my current displaced location to any point back on the “NYU Track”. So I load back the Track n Travel app, and from My Routes, I select the “NYU Track”
8. I can see the NYU Track, with all the markers, and I can also see my current location somewhere off the track.
9. I just tap on a point (let’s say Rubin Museum of Art ) that I want to reach on the track, and the app shows me the shortest route from my current location to that point. As I use this suggestion, I can see myself moving towards my point of interest. Soon, I am back on my track, and can get back to my Hotel using it, along with the diversions I have taken. This way I do not have to depend on the route suggested by the map, but I have my own route saved for future reference.
10. The next day, I have some time and plan to go to Madison Avenue for a short time. I launch the route tracker app which happens to know the fastest route. The app tracks , and I have another route saved for future reference. Now even if I drift anywhere on Madison Avenue, I have a few landmarks marked on my travel log, so that I can find my way back to the nearest point. Even if I am lost in a mall, I can still find my way back to the main route!