Teacher Notebook is a new project run by a teacher which has emerged an Android 4.x app to manage students and their grades. It is a digital gradebook for teachers made by a teacher.
The author of the app is a teacher that used this app in his daily lessons.
Designed specially for Tablets but it also works on a Smartphone.
It has been designed to fit the educational system of any country.
- Specially designed for Tablets
- Encrypted database: your data is safe even if you lose it.
- Manage Students: Add / modify / delete students, Import students from a CSV file, Add comments to a student
- Grades and activities management
- Cells Colors: set a color the whole column, a whole row or a single cell
- Colors Grades / Marks: assign colors to the grades according to their value. Example: mark in red those with less than 5, Or in blue which are greater than 9
- Different types of grades: Numeric grades, Counter grades (you can only increase or decrease the value by one) and calculated grades (allow automatic calculations of assigning a weight)
- Grade symbols: add / edit / delete different ways to view the grades. Example: Outstanding, Remarkable, A, A +, F, etc...
- Icons: icons can be assigned to the cells, and student activities. The teacher gives the meaning that wants to a particular icon.
- Allows you to create groups of students or subjects.
- Creates assessments / quarters / terms / trimesters
- International: adapting the educational system of different countries
- Attendance: Absence, Delays, Justified absence, Justified delay
- Student's grade reporting
- Backups: Manual backups locally and in the Cloud, Automatic local Backups, Auto backup in Google Play: retrieve all data in case you lose your phone or tablet.
- Import students from a CSV file.
- Classroom diary: annotations for each group or subject.