Reasons Why Online Learning is the Future of Education
The pandemic-induced lockdown has been a teacher for all of us in several ways. Many were forced to try things they were uncomfortable with, such as making online payments, working from home, creating digital content, and even learning online. When the movement was restricted, the internet came to rescue us. It has helped us explore the world out of our shells and try new see things in a new light. Online coaching is one of the things that became more mainstream and got accelerated over the period. Education was suffering from several perils, some of which are:
● Lack of flexibility
● Less cost-effective
● Low practical exposure
Hence, advancement was the need of the hour for traditional education. Traditional methods have failed to inculcate the necessary skills and problem-solving abilities in students. So, people avidly started adopting this alternative to catch up with the competition. Therefore, a dramatic spike was observed with global ed-tech investment reaching USD 18.66 billion in 2019, and the overall market is estimated to reach USD 350 billion by 2025. Now, online classes have become the "new normal” for people across the world.
Below are some of the perks of online learning.
● Flexibility- Students can learn from the comfort of their homes without caring about several formalities like clothes, posture, body language, etc. You can wake up and sit in front of your laptop with your favorite coffee to begin learning. You can even study advanced and technical courses and join a machine learning Bootcamp to upgrade your skills.
● Increased attendance- It becomes easier to take classes as the exhaustion from traveling is not there anymore. So, attendance is better when children learn online.
● Easy accessibility & Personal attention- Easy accessibility is one of the main advantages of this online learning. As the teachers are available practically all the time, all you need to do is post your doubts on the chat boards. Many students who could not present their doubts in front of the entire class can reach out to the teachers online and get personal attention.
● Less intense and tiring- You do not need to travel long distances or incur huge expenses to reach your class.
● Get certified- You can complete your education and get certification such as CISSP certification by studying online at your convenience.
● Improve self-discipline in students- In online classes, students are accountable for their performances. They need to proactively reach out to the teachers, complete their assignments, and keep track of their deadlines without the teacher’s interference.
● Affordability- They are usually less costly than offline classes as the maintenance fees are excluded. Moreover, the cost of meals and transportation are also saved.
● Global reach- You can study at any university in the world through online learning. You get to interact and learn from people from different corners of the world.
● A wider range of options- You can opt for more subjects online in comparison with traditional learning. In addition, there can be more combinations of subjects available in online classes. You can also learn AI with classes such as R Programming course, robotics engineering courses, artificial intelligence courses, data analysis courses, among others.
Hence, online learning is here to stay and develop our education system to provide high-quality exposure to the students.