Enjoy home cooking, whatever your dietary needs
No need to turn to processed foods because the nutritional information is on the packaging. Cook&Count does all the working out for you and gives you the key nutritional info for any dish you prepare. Just like a supermarket label, only better.
PLEASE NOTE: We are a cooking app, not a tracking app!
Designed by health professionals. Recommended by dietitians, nutritionists and specialist diabetes health professionals. Cook&Count has been NHS approved and uses trustworthy UK and US government databases, avoiding the inaccuracies of crowdsourced data.
Get accurate nutritional content for any dish you prepare, by any number of servings, or by weighed portion
Delicious, tried and tested, new cookbooks
Make your own beautiful digital recipe book
Filter out food types you can’t eat
Share your recipes with friends and family
What’s happened to the original Cook&Count?
This version replaces the original which will not be updated. You will be able to carry on using it for now. However, we strongly recommend you switch to the new version which you can download for free.
To our loyal users of the original Cook&Count:
If you have stored lots of recipes and would like us to transfer them to new Cook&Count, please click the link in FAQs in the original app, where it says ‘Click here to request transfer’.
What do I get for free?
• enter up to 3 recipes of your own
• use a selection of our recipes
• check the nutrition, by any number of servings or weighed portion
• share, print, email full recipes
What do I get if I subscribe to the premium version?
• add as many of your own recipes as you like
• exciting new Cookbooks published regularly
• smart filters to support any food intolerances or allergies
or equivalent price tiers in other territories.
Payment charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before end of current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to end of current period. Manage your subscriptions by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
How is Cook&Count different from other nutritional apps?
• The only nutritional mobile app that is designed for home cooking and is recommended by the medical community
• It gives you nutritional info by any number of portions, or by weighed portion
• No need to wade through millions of foods in a database
• Unlike other health and fitness apps, custom data in Cook&Count is not shared with other users. This protects you from inaccuracies
• No adverts
• US database: 3000 ingredients. From US government database.
• UK database: 2000 ingredients. From UK government database: Food Standards Agency
• Add custom ingredients if you can’t find them in the database
Cook&Count is perfect for:
• Promoting weight loss by teaching calorie awareness and portion control
• Carb counters e.g. those with type 1 or insulin-dependent diabetes
• Cooking from scratch and making healthy food choices, helping you to swap ingredients with healthier versions.
• People with food allergies and intolerances
• Those with type 2 diabetes, gestational or pre-diabetes who need to watch what they eat
• Dietitians, Nutritionists and Health Care Professionals who educate patients on special dietary management or weight loss
• Athletes or those doing sports training who need to increase or decrease their carbohydrate, calorie, fat or protein intake
• Great for both adults and children starting to cook
• Cookery education – get your students to input their own recipes and see the nutritional content