What is AirREGI?
AirREGI is a free POS cash register app for smartphone or tablet. It has fulfilled the cash register functions necessary for the retail industry, the restaurant industry and each service industry since November 2013. It enables staff to enter a customerÃ”Ã‡Ã–s order, analyze sales data and manage a restaurantÃ”Ã‡Ã–s tables and more. In the year since its release, more than 100,000 accounts have been created. In Japan, the app currently supports credit card payments and services provided with partner Square, Inc., an American mobile payment company. AirREGI is gathering momentum in Japan, and has attracted much deserved attention.
Overview of the AirREGI English version
1. Offline operation is possible, even in areas without telecommunications.
2. Support provided for decimal points and the currencies of each country.
3. Customizable to support the tax system of each country, including consumption taxes. Multiple taxes and rounding down are also supported.
4. 157 different currencies can be selected from. The name of the currency is displayed on the payment display.
5. Possible to select the time zone of each country.
6. In addition to English, characters such as Thai and Arabic can be utilized in the menu. Receipts can be printed without concerns of garbled characters.
* It is necessary to have a printer separately available.
Furthermore, AirREGI stores usersÃ”Ã‡Ã– data on the cloud so the data will always be accessible, even if the device breaks, allowing for access to old data on any device.
New cooperated application is available
On March 4, 2015, Recruit Lifestyle released the English version of AirREGI cooperated application Ã”Ã‡Â£AirREGI Handheld OrderingÃ”Ã‡Ã˜ prior to Japanese one. Users can streamline the task at their restaurant, from taking customers' orders to passing them to the kitchen. With this application, orders will be taken on mobile devices instead of paper, which makes operation more efficient. AirREGI will develop more functions to help business with cost reduction and operation efficiency in the future.